Our Holy Fathers Bassian and Jonah.

Commemorated June 12 in the Orthodox Christian Menaion

From the Prologue

Monks of the monastery of Solovetz, they were drowned and cast onto the shore in 1651. A sign appeared over their graves, and a church was built there. Later, the monastery of Petrominsk was founded on the site. Once Tsar Peter the Great, sheltering from a storm at sea, spent three days there and made a Cross, which he erected on the shore.

From The Prologue From Ochrid by Bishop Nikolai Velimirovich
©1985 Lazarica Press, Birmingham UK





Redeeming the Time

↑ Grab this Headline Animator





We confidently recommend our web service provider, Orthodox Internet Services: excellent personal customer service, a fast and reliable server, excellent spam filtering, and an easy to use comprehensive control panel.

St Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church, McKinney, Texas