Personal Stories of other Orthodox
- Incomplete History Highlights
- Early History
- Founded in 1954, Visited by Metropolitan Anastasy and blessed with the Kursk Root Icon of the Most Holy Theotokos.
- The History is obscure from 1960 through the late 80's
- In the late eighties through the early 90's there were readers services.
Two priests (that we know of) served for a short period of time.
- In March, 1995, Fr. Seraphim Holland was ordained to the priesthood and appointed pastor of St.
Nicholas. He had moved to Dallas the previous July from St. Louis MO.
- Pascha was celebrated for the first time at St. Nicholas in over thirty years, after
daily services during Holy Week.
- The First Annual Southwest Orthodox Missions Conference, hosted by us, was held at the
University of Dallas, July 7-9.
- At the end of September, we changed our agreement with our benevolent landlords (an Episcopal
Church which let's us use their annex building for a modest fee), and now occupy the building full
time. Previously, we set up and broke down every weekend, and evening when we had Vigil services.
Now we can leave things set up, and are able to have Divine Liturgy on weekdays.
- Personal Stories of members of our community